Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer – Taking Personal Injuries To Heart
At the Law Offices of Luis Yañez, we understand the hardships that come with a personal injury claim. From the smallest injury to the most traumatizing of accidents, we can help you get back what you deserve so you can recover peacefully. Someone else’s negligence can cost you permanent suffering, or worse. Our personal injury lawyers will fight on your behalf to help ease your pain. Call us today to schedule your free initial consultation.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We take on nearly every kind of personal injury claim possible. We will gather the right evidence and build a strong case in order to prove how your personal injury caused pain and suffering. If you or a loved one experienced any of the following personal injuries, then the Law Offices of Luis Yañez is ready to help:
- A car or motorcycle accident can permanently change someone’s life. If you have sustained injuries from an accident and were not at fault, we can pursue a lawsuit against the other driver.
- 4.7 million people get bitten by dogs each year in the U.S., with 800,000 requiring some medical care. Many of these are due to neglectful owners and improper training. You could get hurt due to someone’s inability to train and take care of their animal.
- While assault is a criminal offense, you can file a lawsuit due to the injuries suffered from the attack as a victim. Compensation for medical expenses and loss of wages are all valid parts for a case.
- An incredibly common personal injury that will involve a medical personnel’s negligent actions. If you’ve experienced damage to your physical or mental health due to a medical professional’s carelessness, then we can determine if you have the grounds for a malpractice lawsuit.
- While crossing a sidewalk and a vehicle hits you, then you’re entitled to compensation. Pedestrian injuries typically occur due to motorists not paying attention while you’re abiding to the pathways meant for walking or jogging.
- Grocery stores, restaurants, retail stores need to be safe environments where people can shop and walk around without fear of injury. All too often, however, dangerous or defective conditions arise and shoppers can be victims of such negligence. This could be due to unmarked wet floors, missing handrails, unsafe aisles, and uneven steps, to name a few. If you’ve been hurt on someone’s property, then we can help.
- When purchasing an item and then use it for what it’s intended for, you should not be harmed. If you receive any injury for using said product, you can pursue a case against the manufacturer.
- This umbrella term is used to describe an instance in which an individual dies due to someone else’s negligence. Examples can range from car and semi-truck accidents to negligent behavior in environments such as nursing homes, construction sites, and more.
- The most common personal injury case we see is workplace accidents. From slip and fall, hazardous work environments and materials, negligence, and willful intention. Accidents at public or private properties don’t just occur to employees. Many cases involve pedestrians in unsafe, poorly marked environments such as construction work taking place in a popular shopping center.
We’ll Help You File Your Claim
If you’ve experienced an injury due to another’s negligence, talk to us. Liability can be proved against the other party with the right evidence and proof of negligence. From the start of your consultation, we will be happy to help gather evidence and represent your best interests.
How to Prove Who Is At Fault
When providing your case, we’ll help you gather the evidence you need to prove the other party was at fault. Having as much information as possible will help us confirm your injuries were not your fault and how it could have happened to anyone else. We’ll gather the following evidence:
- Police reports
- Witness testimonies
- Photos of the accident
- Receipts for medical care provided to you
- Any pay slips for lost wages
- Insurance estimates for automobile damages
- Security footage
Compensation You Can Recover
The amount of compensation that you can recover varies on a few things regarding your case. From the type of injury to the cost of medical bills and loss of wages. We can help you get back as much as you possibly can and push for more.
- One of our top priorities is getting you back the medical expenses for your injury cost. This also includes future medical expenses as a result of your injury.
- If you had to miss work due to the result of your injury, then you’re entitled to the wages you would have earned during that missed time. This can also include future lost income from your injury.
Emotional and Physical Suffering
- Mental anguish is greatly considered to be in the same category as physical pain. It’s difficult to put a price on trauma, but the mental reaction from an accident deserves compensation.
Protect Your Rights After a Personal Injury
The first thing to do when you have an injury is to get a written report that documents the incident. From a police report to a store incident report, it should state what happened, who was involved, who was at fault, and any other information relevant to the incident. Once you have the report made, get a personal copy of the report as well.
When speaking to managers or law enforcement, do not make any statements that could be used against you later on. If you imply your fault, it could cost you the case.
It’s always best to take photos of the scene where you were injured to help prove your case. At this point, it’s time to call us to start your case.
Get Help From Our Lawyers Today
Have you been injured due to someone else’s negligence? Call us today to see how we can get your case going and back the money you deserve. Medical bills are not an easy thing to pay off or take care of, and if it was not your fault, you should not suffer from someone else’s lack of proper attention. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation.